Eisenhower Park's Lakeside Concerts
Summer lights up East Meadow, New York with an exciting series of free music concerts at Eisenhower Park. These fun, family-friendly events take advantage of the park’s wide-open spaces, bringing some top-tier musical talent, international sounds and dance parties to Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre. Taking place from Memorial Day through Labor Day, Eisenhower Park’s Lakeside Concerts are an inexpensive way to treat the whole family with an exciting music show.
Summer 2013 Schedule for Eisenhower Park’s Lakeside Concerts:
- Wednesday, July 31: Golden Tone Orchestra (Noon)
- Sunday, August 4: Chinese American International Music Night (7PM)
- Monday, August 5: Irish American International Music Night (7PM)
- Friday, August 9: “Ladies of Disco” with Maxine Nightingale and Bonnie Pointer (7PM)
- Sunday, August 11: PACOLI International Music Night (7PM)
- Monday, August 12: Scandinavian American International Music Night (7PM)
- Friday, August 16: Korean American International Music Night (7PM)
- Saturday, August 17: Huey Lewis and the News (7PM)
- Sunday, August 18: Bangladeshi International Music Night (7PM)
- Wednesday, August 21: Gospel Night (7PM)
- Friday August 23: “In the Still of the Night” with Fred Parris & The Five Satins, Frankie Lymon’s Teenagers and Cool Change honoring the Knights of Columbus
- Sunday, August 25: Pakistani International Music Night (7PM)
Located at the conjunction of Merrick at Stewart Avenues in East Meadow, Eisenhower Park is a lovely green space to explore – in fact; it’s even bigger than Central Park. Arrive early to enjoy the batting cages, golf courses and sports courts, and be sure to bring a blanket or low lounge chair to sit on during the concerts. All of these Long Island concerts are free but please note that parking is $10 for non-residents.